Minggu, 15 Juni 2008

Puisi Hari Ini

THE WILLINGNESS TO CHANGE

When I was young and free,
And my imagination has no limits,
I dreamed of changing the world,
As I grew older and wiser,
I discovered the worldwould not change,
So I shortened my sights somewhat
And decided to change only my country
But it too seemed immovable,
As I grew into my twilight years,
In one last desperate attempt,
I settled for changing only my family,
Those closest to me, but, alas,
They would have none of it.
And now as I lay on my deathbed,
I suddenly realizes
If I had only changed myself first,
Then by example I might have changed my family
From their inspiration and encouragement,
I would then have been able to better my country,
And who knows, I may have even change the world.

(An Anglian Bishop, 1100 AD, as written in the Crypts of Westminster Abbey)

1 komentar:

Anton H Biantoro mengatakan...

Puisi ini termasuk salah satu puisi yang paling hebat dan terkenal, dan saya rasa dia telah mengilhami falsafah kehidupan jutaan manusia di dunia! Puisi ini sangat menggugah. Patut untuk kita baca dan renungkan. Terima kasih, Bu.